Thanks to twitter, blog posts from friends, Oracle iPad App and other resource it is quite easy to stay up to date on the latest news from the OOW. Ok, I’ll miss some life sessions and OOW receptions and parties. But hey on the other hand I can download the latest software on a high speed internet connection and do the first test
As I mentioned in the excerpt of this post, Oracle introduced the new Enterprise Manager now named Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 1 (18.104.22.168). Oracle has already released version for Linux x86-64, which can be downloaded from OTN (Oracle Enterprise Manager Downloads). For know I’ll download the software and start some first tests. The first impression and results will be posted later this week. At least for know it looks like the 2 EMCC Zip archives (2,5-3GB each) contain everything you need to run the OMS exempt the OS and the repository database. No more search for the right JVM and WLS server.
Links all around the Enterprise Manager, software, presentations and documentation:
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Product Page with all kind of WebCasts, Videos and more
- Oracle Technology Netowrk Oracle Enterprise Manager Downloads
- Enterprise Manager Cloud Control Documentation (view) (download)
A few Requirements taken from Oracle® Enterprise Manager Cloud Control Basic Installation Guide. The Certification Matrix is so fare not yet available on Metalink…
- OS Requirments: Oracle Linux 6, Oracle Linux 5.x, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x, SUSE Linux Enterprise 10, SUSE Linux Enterprise 11, Asianux Server 3
- Hardware Requirments OMS (small) : 2 Cores, 4 GB RAM 6 GB RAM with ADPFoot 1 , JVMDFoot 2, 10 GB Hard Disk Space or 14GB Hard Disk Space with ADP, JVMD
- Presentation: Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release1 (22.214.171.124) Installation
- Presentation: Oracle Enterprise Manager 12.1 – Cloud Control Upgrade
Mmh a small side comment, the above two presentations can be found via google, but the footnote has confidential oracle. I guess they use to be confidential before 4th october.
More details will come….