Oracle has just released a new Release of its Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall. The new release is immediately available on Oracle’s Software Delivery Cloud. It look’s like Oracle added a bunch of Enterprise-Grade Features like iSCSI SAN Disk, NFS Storage as well as SYSLOG integration. Starting with this Release, the Audit Vault Repository is again protected by Database Vault.
The installation / update is done in the same manner as the other versions AVDF. Download the ISO, reboot the AVDF server and initiate an upgrade. But be carefully to not initiate an installation. This would erase your system and data.
A bit unusual that the ISO image was split into two parts. They have to be merged prior to use.
- Unzip Images
- Combine the two files to create a single .iso
Combine the two files to create a single .iso on Windows:
Combine the two files to create a single .iso on Linux:
avs-installer-disc-188.8.131.52.0.iso01 > avs-installer-disc-184.108.40.206.0.iso
Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall 12.1.2 New Features
According to the Release Notes, the following features are available as of 12.1.2:
- Configure the Audit Vault Server to use an external iSCSI SAN server to store the audit event repository and system data
- The Audit Vault Agent is updated automatically when the Audit Vault Server is upgraded or a patch is applied
- Store archive data in a Network File Share (NFS) location
- Entitlement reports include data specific to Oracle Database 12c
- Database Vault is automatically enabled and configured in the Oracle Database embedded in the Audit Vault Server. This further strengthens security by restricting privileged access to the Oracle Database for all users including those with administrative access
- Password hashing has been upgraded to a more secure standard. Change your passwords after upgrade to take advantage of the more secure hash
- The Audit Vault Agent deployment procedure has been simplified. Registering a host in the Audit Vault Server automatically generates an Agent activation key, and therefore, the step requesting Agent activation is no longer required
- Adding and updating a secured target location has been simplified in the Audit Vault Server administrator console UI
- Define policy alerts to be forwarded to syslog
- Download diagnostics log files from the Audit Vault Server UI
- The Audit Vault Agent is supported on 32-bit Linux and Windows platforms
- Oracle Database 9i is supported for Database Firewall
- MySQL 5.6 is supported on the Database Firewall
- Migration Path to Migrate Oracle Audit Vault 10.3 to AVDF 12.1.2. See MOS Note 1666742.1
Some links related to this post.
- Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall
- What’s New in Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall Release 12.1.2
- Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall Documentation, Release 12.1.2
- Oracle eDelivery Oracle AVDF (12.1.2) Media Pack for Linux x86-64 B77279-01
- Migration of Oracle Audit Vault 10.3 to Oracle AVDF 220.127.116.11.0 [1666742.1]
- Oracle® Audit Vault and Database Firewall Known Issues
As soon as the download of the images is done, I’ll start to test the new release on my test AVDF Server. So stay tuned…