Earlier today, Oracle has released the first Bundle Patch for Audit Vault and Database Firewall 12.1.2. The patch can be downloaded on Oracle Metalink as Patchset 18728905 for existing installations or on Oracle eDelivery as full installation image for new installations. The installation image is split in two parts which need to be merged before use. A short description on how to merge the image can be found on my blog post about Audit Vault and Database Firewall 12.1.2.
According the readme, the Release 12.1.2 BP1 contains the April 2014 PSU 188.8.131.52.10 for the database as well several bug fix for the base platform. These include security and stability fixes to Java and the underlying Linux operating system.
Before installing the bundle patch it is absolutely recommended, that you create a backup of the AVDF Installation and ensure that there is free space in the following Audit Vault Server partitions.
- 5 GB in /var/lib/oracle
- 5 GB in /var/tmp
- 4.5 GB in /root
The upgrade will fail, if the partitions does not have enough free space. The bundle patch readme describes the different upgrade scenarios. I’ll upgrade my AVDF 12.1.2 Test VM once the download of the 3GB bundle patch is finished.
Some links related to the Audit Vault and Database Firewall:
- Blog post about Audit Vault and Database Firewall 12.1.2
- Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall 12.1 and Database Firewall 5.x bundled patch reference [1328209.1]
- 184.108.40.206.0 PS2 BUNDLE PATCH 1 FOR ORACLE AUDIT VAULT AND DATABASE FIREWALL 18728905
- Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall (220.127.116.11.0) Media Pack v1 for Linux x86-64 V45788-01
- Audit Vault Server 12.1 Backup and Restore [1556200.1]
- Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall
- Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall Documentation, Release 12.1.2
- What’s New in Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall Release 12.1.2
- Oracle® Audit Vault and Database Firewall Known Issues
- Blog post about Oracle released CPU / PSU April 2014
- Oracle Critical Patch Update Advisory – April 2014